We’re a contemporary church community whose purpose is to joyfully and generously
- love and worship God
- love and care for each other
- love and serve the town.
- Welcoming all
- Being merciful, forgiving and kind
- Showing compassion and generosity to others in the church and the community
- Taking God seriously but not taking ourselves too seriously
- Focusing on the main, plain things of scripture
- Being teachable, open and honest
- Serving others with a self-sacrificial spirit and humble heart
- Knowing one another and valuing real relationships
- Being relaxed in dress and style
- Being non-religious and relevant to the world we live in.
Our Vision Unpacked:
- At its simplest we want to love God and love our neighbours as ourselves.
- To be a church where God is worshipped, the bible is taught, the lost are enfolded, the poor are cared for, the weak are strengthened, the excluded are embraced, resources/finances are released, the natural environment is respected, the strong are fully working, the wider body of Christ is loved and served, all are growing towards maturity.
- To be a church where workers are identified, encouraged, trained, and released to do the works of the kingdom of God. This will include: children’s work, youth work, house/small group leadership, worship, prayer, counselling, preaching and teaching, poor relief, evangelism, healing, church planting, locally, nationally and overseas. Everyone can have a part to play.
- To be a church where everyone sees their daily work as full time service, an act of worship; be they a plumber, teacher, student, parent, nurse, artist, pastor; where the person building a wall or working in a bank sees that task as important as the preacher’s.
Please see below some of our policies: